01 June 2009

How to get rid of pigeons on my TV aerial?


'I have pigeons roosting on my TV aerial – can I use anti roosting spikes'?
Yes, pigeon anti roosting spikes are ideal for this purpose. The spikes are best installed by using an plastic cable ties wrapped around the base of the spike and then around the aerial itself. This will ensure that the spike cannot slip around and end up facing downwards. You could also support the fixing with silicone adhesive as well as plastic cable ties. Although stainless steel spikes are unlikely to interfere with the TV signal when installed on an aerial it may be wise to consider a plastic spike for the purpose. One UK manufacturer of pigeon spikes - Jones and Son Ltd offer an ingenious kit to protect TV aerials which includes all the different fixtures and fittings that will be required to protect virtually any type of TV aerial.

Dave B

1 comment:

  1. I purchased a TV aerial pack from Jones and Son last year - it is working a treat and no more mess down my wall!

    I was worried the plastic spikes may intefere with my aerial but they have not, i would highly recommend the TV aerial packs.

    Mrs E Spoone

    ReplyDelete